Co-Parenting and Divorce Class
Help for Divorcing Parents
Divorce can have a devastating effect on children. If parents are unable to work together for the good of the child, he or she can suffer life-long problems.
In 2014, Oklahoma legislators passed HB2249 which requires parents who are divorcing for reasons of incompatibility and who have children under 18 to attend an educational program concerning the impact of divorce on children.
Family Builders Co-Parenting and Divorce meets the requirements for such a program as outlined in the bill.
- Short-term and long-term effects of divorce on child well-being
- Effects of family violence on children
- Child behaviors and emotional states during and after divorce
- How to respond to the child's needs
- Communication strategies to reduce conflict
- Cooperative co-parenting
- Reconciliation as an optional outcome
- What to do in cases of child abuse or family violence
How it Works
Presented as an interactive, four-hour class with expert facilitators. Parents attend the class separately. Upon successful completion of the class, parents will receive a certificate of completion. Attendance for the full four hours is required to receive the certificate.
Children are not allowed and Family Builders does not provide child care. Children are not allowed to attend the class with you.
These classes are held in our office located in downtown Oklahoma City. 415 NW 5th Street
How to Register
Register Online or download the registration form - Co-Parenting Through Divorce Registration Form and return the completed form with full payment to our office 415 NW 5th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, Monday-Thursday between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Registration is not complete until full payment is received in our office.
$40.00 per person if paid in cash or money order CHECKS NOT ACCEPTED
$45.00 if paid by debit or credit card - you can do this online by clicking the button below.
Fees are non-refundable. $10.00 administrative fee for re-scheduling your class
Registration and full payment is due by 1:00 pm, 3 business days before the class. No exceptions. (Wednesday for a Saturday class or Wednesday for a Monday class) Walk-ins will not be allowed to attend.
- Friday, April 28th, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Saturday, April 29th, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Friday, May 12th, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Saturday, May 13th, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Thursday, May 18th, 4 pm – 8 pm
- Friday, June 9th, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Saturday, June 10th, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm