Here at Family Builders, we believe that making improvements to yourself is the key to being there for others in your life. Not only does self-improvement help you perform your best by taking steps to improve yourself, but your overall wellbeing will also be enhanced. People who make self-improvement a priority tend to have higher self-esteem and are also more resilient.
Here are eight self-improvement activities you can do any chance you get:
- Set goals for yourself
- Setting goals will help you organize the things you want to achieve. You can do this by simply creating a list, or you can have some fun with it and make a vision board using pictures from magazines or the internet.
- Surround yourself with people who want to see you do well
- Someone once said you are the sum of the people you spend the most time with. Ask yourself if the people you are spending time with want the best for you and your life. They should align with who you want to be.
- Evaluate what isn’t working and eliminate those habits
- Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. Instead, take the time to evaluate what isn’t working and make the necessary improvements.
- Learn a new activity or skill
- This is a chance to step outside your comfort zone and do something you have always wanted to do. Progress is better than perfection. People are learning new skills on the internet, for free, all of the time! NO EXCUSES!
- Eat healthily and hydrate daily
- We are made up mostly of water. We also are what we eat, so it is essential to treat your body like a temple. Feed yourself nourishing items to make sure you have the energy to accomplish all of your goals.
- Have compassion for yourself and others
- Compassion is a huge factor in how you perceive life’s occurrences. To learn how to have compassion for yourself and others, Family Builders offers a compassion class to help individuals learn how to cope with life’s obstacles.
- Clean your space regularly
- Your physical space is a reflection of your mental health. Clearing the clutter in your space helps to clear the clutter in your mind.
- Get active
- Not only is getting active good for your physical wellbeing, but it is also good for relieving stress. So get active by going for a walk or dancing to your favorite songs.
For more information about how Family Builders facilitates self-improvements for Oklahoma families through our parenting, compassion, and batterer’s intervention programs, give us a call at 405-232-8226.-